Friday, February 18, 2011

For I am fearfully and wonderfully made!

As many of you know, Matt and I welcomed Elizabeth Fehr on February 9 at 9:07 a.m.  She weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 20 inches in length. She is absolutely perfect and we are truly enjoying our little blessing!

My pregnancy went very well, without any complications. My delivery went much quicker than expected and without any complications. And the end result, love at first sight! Quick birth story - We arrived at St. Dominic's at 5:30 Tuesday evening for induction. I anticipated a long labor being that I had not dialated at all on my own. (Keep in mind I was 40 weeks pregnant and my patience was gone!) All of this for Elizabeth to decide she had plans of her own. My water broke at 2 a.m., contractions strengthened and I progressed quickly, epidural was placed at 6 and Elizabeth was in our arms shortly after 9.

We were discharged on Friday and had our well-baby outpatient visit Sunday. Her bilrubin was within normal limits (9.2) and she was back to her birthweight (7.12 when we were discharged). Great report! Elizabeth loves to eat and sleep. The past three nights she has slept through the night except for feedings every three hours. She does not like to be placed directly on her back, so she has been sleeping in the swing. During the day however, I try to let her nap in her crib (when she allows of course).

The last week has been wonderful! To everyone that visited us in the hospital, called/text to check on us and brought food, know that Matt and I truly appreciate every offering of love. We are incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!

I now know why everyone says there is nothing like motherhood. I'm not sure what we ever did without Elizabeth in our lives!! I never knew I could have so much love and am so grateful for this given opportunity. Every time I think about the miracle of childbirth I think about what my lactation consultant said - "God never leaves anything out, He thought about it all". So true, everything was made according to His plan and nothing was left out. My child is beautiful and I can't wait to see what the future holds, but for now we won't rush things!

So far, so good! We have our first pediatric appointment on Tuesday, until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment